The Security team provide an effective and efficient security service, with the primary objective of providing a safe and secure environment for all staff, students and authorised visitors. Security also engages with both external stakeholders (such as members of the local community and service providers) plus internal stakeholders such as staff and student groups.
The services that we provide include
- Active security provision across the campus, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Operates a sophiosticated CCTV surveillance system in a purpose built control room.
- First response to incidents and first assessments of emergency situations.
- Identifying and implementing effective crime reduction measures.
- Monitoring and administrating the control of access to buildings outside of core hours.
- Controling access to buildings outside of core hours.
- Processing lost and found property.
- Conducting security surveys and investigating inappropriate behaviour by students and staff.
- Work in conjunction with our partners in local government and Leicestershire Police.
- Management of parking enforcement, working in conjunction with First Parking.
Campus Police contact
We have a dedicated campus Police Officer (PC Calven Bayliss, PC 1366), located in Students Services Centre, Gateway House, Room 0.14, although he is usually patrolling the campus area. To make contact with this officer please click here.
How to contact us
Telephone: 0116 2577642 (extension 7642), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our reception is available within the Estates Services Building, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.