Research and Innovation at DMU
Our vision is to be a university “that places research excellence and innovation at the heart of our mission”.
To this end, we have recently agreed a Research and Innovation Strategy for the period 2013-17. In brief:
• We have embarked on a programme to build research capacity by investing resources in areas of current strength, and supporting the emergence of new inter-disciplinary areas of research between now and 2020.
• In parallel, we are evaluating our intellectual property portfolio, and taking forward for further development a number of projects that have the potential to attract commercial investment, or that can be nurtured by other means.
• We will significantly enhance our support for research and innovation through mentoring programmes, a ‘Future Research Leaders’ initiative, use of Vitae’s researcher development framework (RDF) Planner to promote career development opportunities for our researchers, and other capacity-building activities.
• We propose to develop a reputation for excellence in end-user-engagement and business-focused research, with a range of strategic partners at international, national and regional level.
• Where appropriate, we will establish clear, outcome-focused research partnerships with other higher education institutions in Leicestershire, the Midlands, and nationally.
• We plan to increase the number and variety of research links at international level, to ensure that our researchers have the opportunity to work with the best academics and industry-based researchers in their respective fields.
De Montfort University remains committed to undertaking exciting, innovative and rigorous research, and promoting knowledge exchange activities of benefit to the economy and society. We will continue to engage pro-actively with users of research in order to maximise the impact of our work, locally, regionally, nationally and globally.
To find out more about research and innovation at DMU, please take a look at the individual Faculty web pages| or email: email@example.com|