Dedicated members of the Research Business and Innovation Directorate aim to ensure that the University provides solutions to specific business and organisational needs.
These solutions can range from training to contract research or consultancy, all tailored from our Academic expertise for business purposes.
Each Faculty has a dedicated Business Development Manager or Industry Engagement Manager whose remit is to act as a bridge between academia and organisations, managing the development of services to:
- Develop and deliver expert consultancy services
- Providing a suite of training courses to develop your staff
- Support student placements and graduate recruitment when an opportunity arises
- Initiate 'Research Innovation’ as a service to external organisations and businesses
- Provide general business support
- Facilitate easy access and/or commercialisation of IP to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify 'Knowledge Exchange' opportunities.
Our dedicated Commercial and Business Development Team will help you to navigate our expertise, by helping you to gain the best possible solution to your business needs.
Head of Commercialisation
Dr Paul Burrows
Arts, Design and Humanities - Business Development Manager
Business and Law - Business Development Managers
Health and Life Sciences - Business Development Manager
Technology - Business Development Manager
To find out more about our business services portfolio please visit our business web pages, alternatively contact the relevant person above.