Calling postgraduate students! Being a School Representative Co-ordinator (SRC) is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to gain new leadership and professional skills.
As the voice of your fellow postgraduate taught students within your school or department for this academic year, you will ensure that students are at the heart of decision making at DMU.
We are looking for motivated students who have the following attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team leadership and team working skills
- A professional apprach to work
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills
- The ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations
- The ability to enthuse people about DMU and De Montfort Students’ Union (DSU)
Not only do SRCs represent the views of their fellow students, they also encourage communication between staff and students via information sharing avenues such as consultations. For example, during the 2017/18 academic year they spend an average of three hours per week in the role, which includes:
- Working with the DSU Deputy President, Education, to help to ensure students’ views are represented at the highest level at the university
- Attending a university committee or task and finish group, or being a panel member of a periodic review or validation
- Leading or contributing to a faculty or university-wide student consultation project
If all of this sounds appealing, you can apply by logging into MyDMU and clicking on the SRC Application tab. The deadline is noon on Friday 27 October 2017.
If shortlisted, you will be invited to a selection event on Wednesday 1 November from 2‑4pm at a location to be confirmed.
Successful applicants will be required to attend a training event on Wednesday 8 November, 2-4pm (location TBC).
Posted on Friday 6th October 2017