Who is eligible?
All eligible students can book from 7th March 2017 for 16/17 academic year.
Who is eligible for university sourced accommodation?
- All new full-time first year undergraduate students who choose DMU as their firm (first) choice
- All new and returning full-time undergraduate and postgraduate international students
- Students who have individual requirements including those referred by Disability Advice and Support
- All students who are under 18 at the time of enrolment
- Art and Design Foundation and Faculty of Technology Year 0 students
- Collaborative partner college students
- Clearing and late applicants meeting the above criteria (strictly subject to availability)
Who is not eligible for university sourced accommodation?
- Students who have chosen DMU as their insurance choice (once we become your firm choice then you will become eligible, subject to meeting the necessary criteria)
- All other students including second year, final year and placement year students
- UK postgraduate and research degree students
- Part-time students
- Students repeating their first year
- Students transferring from other higher education institutions
- Students seeking accommodation for more than one person (such as a partner and/or family)
- Any students with outstanding debts to DMU
- Students who will be studying at DMU for less than the full academic year - except where special course arrangements exist (see below for more information)
If you are unsure whether you are eligible or require any further assistance please contact us so that we can advise you further.
Part year programmes
We have a limited amount of accommodation for students who are not studying for the full academic year. Specifically this has been arranged for the following programmes:
Payment of the full rent for part year contracts must be made before arrival.
Contracts from Saturday 10th September to Saturday 17th December 2016 located in Victoria Hall.
Contracts for one or two terms located in Victoria Hall.
Please contact the accommodation office to advise which dates you require.
Friday 16 September 2016 - Sunday 18 December 2016
- Silver room total - £1,514.57
- Gold room total - £1,567.72
Friday 6 January 2017 - Friday 17 March 2017
- Silver room total - £1,140.00
- Gold room total - £1,180.00
Friday 16 September 2016 - Friday 17 March 2017
- Silver room total - £2,964.00
- Gold room total - £3,068.00
Friday 6 January 2017 - Friday 14 July 2017
- Silver room total - £3,078.00
- Gold room total - £3,186.00
Students on the Erasmus programme studying for a full year can book a room in any of our available halls for the duration of their course. Once you hold an unconditional firm or conditional firm course offer you will receive an email with your login instructions for the booking system.
If your course starts at any other time during the year email us for details about availability and the booking process.
If you are a student at DMU for less than a full academic year but the above criteria does not apply to you contact your faculty or course leader to find out if accommodation arrangements have been made.
You will need to be a full-time enrolled DMU student for the duration of your stay to be eligible for accommodation in halls of residence.
Clearing and late applicants
If you apply through clearing and there is still availability in university sourced accommodation you will be sent an email with your login details once you have an unconditional firm offer.
If you have a room booked prior to receiving your results and do not get the grades required your room will be cancelled. If in this situation you will be refunded £200 of your booking payment. If you then successfully obtain a place through clearing you will be able to log back into the booking system and book a new room, subject to availability.
N.B. You will need to repay the booking fee.
If you also have DMU as your insurance choice please contact us and we will try to keep your original booking.
If you have any queries about availability contact the Accommodation Office.
If you have deferred from last year (2015/16) you can log on and book your room online from 7th March. If you have applied for 2016 entry to DMU but now wish to defer your place until 2017, you cannot reserve a room and will need to book again in 2017.
Accommodation for couples and families
All university sourced accommodation is for single persons only.
Contact the accommodation office for information about finding accommodation in the private rented sector.