16/17 September intake
We regret that there is no accommodation currently available through the DMU Accommodation Office. Students that still require accommodation are advised to contact us.
T: (0116) 257 7577
January/February 17 intakes
We have a limited number of rooms available in Union State (formerly Victoria Hall)
Contract lengths will either be:
January intake - 6th January - 21st July 2017
Nursing/Midwifery - 24th February - 4th August 2017
Please contact us if you are starting in January or February.
T: (0116) 257 7577
Zoom in/out to explore the DMU campus and to view our full range of accommodation options. Click on the blue pins to find out more about each hall of residence.
Halls of residence
Of our eight halls three are managed by DMU, Bede Hall, New Wharf and Waterway Gardens, the rest are managed by private providers with the university allocating rooms on their behalf.
Open days are a great opportunity to visit halls or you can take a campus tour and view a show flat in either Liberty Park or Newarke Point.
Our halls of residence:
Halls of residence features:
- Halls have same gender or mixed gender flats available.
- Halls are self-catered
- Shared kitchen facilities – including a fridge/freezer and cooker as minimum, although most will also include a microwave, kettle, toaster, iron/ironing board and a vacuum cleaner.
- Shared laundry facilities – coin or token-operated machines (you will need to provide your own washing products)
- Furnished bedrooms – comprising bed, wardrobe and desk.
- Internet access (additional charges may apply if you wish to upgrade)
- On-site hall manager
- Secure postal points
- Security staff either on site or on call 24/7, CCTV and/or electronic door entry systems.
- Bike parking/storage
- Contents insurance
Some halls also offer one or more of the following:
- En-suite bathrooms (all with showers, no baths)
- Deluxe/Premium/Gold bedrooms: pay more for a larger room with more storage and/or a double bed (single occupancy only)
- Self Contained Studio apartments
- Common rooms
- TV points in bedrooms and communal areas - a portable TV aerial is required for rooms without a TV point (a TV licence is required for each room using a TV)
N.B. All accommodation is strictly non-smoking.
What our students say about living in DMU accommodation
"You are never on your own in halls you will always have other students who live with you to speak to" "You only get one opportunity so enjoy and make the most of your time at halls of residence, and it's certainly the best place to be living at the start of your new life at university"
A. Aziz - Media Communication and Journalism
"Different halls of residence offer different services and staff. Please read in detail and make sure what your rent includes and note the contract period... then make the best decision for you."
X. Ying - Accounting and Finance
"You get to know so many people... and learn living on your own"
P. Amrutlal - Business and Management
Choosing your accommodation
With such a wide range of accommodation available one of the most important things to consider is the cost. Look at the total contract price as well as the weekly rate and consider any upfront costs and when the rent is due as this can be before arrival and payment of your student loan.
Private halls will also require a guarantor and there may be additional costs, such as upgrading your internet access or contents insurance.
The Student Accommodation Code
All of the halls of residence that we offer are signed up to a national student accommodation code.
De Montfort University is signed up to the UUK Student Accommodation Code of practice. This code is for universities and protects our students rights to safe, good quality accommodation.
It outlines everything students can expect from our accommodation as well as their responsibilities as tenants.
The privately managed halls are all signed up to the ANUK National Code which is the equivalent code for private halls.
Please note, other accommodation providers are available in Leicester, but they might not be covered by the codes.