About the course
Health and Community Development Studies is designed for staff in local authorities, the NHS , voluntary , third sector and NGOs who use group work, informal learning and activity, outreach and community work especially with young people and adults often labelled as hard to reach.
It attracts professionals worldwide from a variety of settings, including:
Health and Community Development Studies
- sexual health
- mental health
- drug abuse
- parenting education
- youth work
- children’s centres
- housing and homelessness
- youth offending
- community development and domestic violence
also attracts youth work
and community development practitioners seeking to explore health-related
It is also suitable for youth work and community development practitioners seeking to explore health related topics prevalent in both generic work and specialist health education and development projects.
This course enables the development of innovative, progressive practitioners able to engage reflectively with concepts and practices of social justice and equality.
- Choose from three specialist pathways and tailor your learning relevant to your career interests
- Opportunities for full-time study, or by flexible part-time distance learning, allowing study alongside work
- We have an international reputation in the field, with more than 50 years’ professional training experience
- Our experienced practitioner and research-based staff, and practice-related modules, ensure your learning is relevant to current practice.
Choose from a range of high quality practice-related modules, enable practitioners to achieve planned change through the process of education, development and practice-orientated research.