Reasons to study Business Management in Sport at De Montfort University:
The Business Management in Sport MSc is a programme that will explore the evolving and multi-faceted area of the management in sport through core modules from business and bespoke sport modules. In addition, the programme focuses on ethical considerations, major competitions, sports marketing, heritage and sport’s political, social, economic, and cultural contexts.
This course is ideal for students who are looking to begin a career or are in the early stages of a career in the sporting industry.
During this course, you will develop knowledge of business management and sport on local, national, international and global levels to prepare for a career in the sector.
There are also ways for you to tailor your university experience to your interests. You will have opportunities to get involved with a #DMUglobal experience and choose a language study option. Amongst the global opportunities within the Sport Heritage module students will visit historical sport sites. Previous students have visited sites such as the Munich Olympic Park, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen ski jump, and Allianz Arena in Germany.
In addition, as well as gaining experience working directly within a sport organisation, you will also have the opportunity to complete an Executive Company Project, Entrepreneurship Project or a Creative Research Project. With an Executive Company Project you will also have the opportunity to get involved with global engagement with international companies.
The course offers a range of benefits including:
- Valuable industry links, including the British Bobsleigh and Skelton Association as well as established DMU relationships with Leicester City Football Club, Leicester Tigers Rugby Football Club
- Opportunities to gain valuable sport industry experience through sporting events and DMU sports clubs
- Mentoring and support from academics in the forefront of their fields
- Opportunities to complete an Executive Company Project, Entrepreneurship Project or Creative Research Project
- Inspirational setting in the historic Great Hall of Leicester Castle
- The Visionary Leadership series of talks by inspiring business figures
- Peer support as a result of studying in small tutor groups
- Modules specifically created to provide key skills needed in today's sport industry
- Participate in regular business breakfast events
- Get involved with our #DMUglobal international experience programme
- Access to the postgraduate wing of the £35million Hugh Aston Building
- Access to a 24/7 high-tech library with a choice of learning environments. This in addition to new amenities such as the QEII Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre
At DMU, we are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study.
#DMU Global High Flyers Award
The #DMUglobal High Flyers Award offers students a discount of up to £1,000 towards a #DMUglobal opportunity (subject to terms and conditions).
Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarship
Find out more about the Vice-Chancellor's Sports Scholarships worth up to £6,000.
Find out about available scholarships and country specific fee discounts for international students.
More courses like this:
Management, Law and Humanities of Sport MA
Sports History and Culture MA
Meet Dr Heather Dichter, Business Management of Sport MSc programme leader, and find out more about the Winter Olympics and Britain's important role in international sport heritage.