We are pleased to announce two new international postgraduate taught scholarships offering for September 2018 study.
This will allow students to study in a welcoming and inclusive environment to inspire and enhance continued activism during and after study, promoting LGBTQ+ rights worldwide.
Our full postgraduate scholarships which will cover the total value of the course fee; will be awarded to two outstanding students domiciled outside of the UK and European Union.
The scholarships also include an additional £1,015 (excluding any taxes) per month for the duration of the course, to assist with accommodation and living costs.
The closing date to apply for these scholarships is midnight on Friday 3 August 2018 for the September 2018 intake.
To qualify for the LGBTQ+Allies Scholarship you must:
- Hold an offer of admission from De Montfort University for a full time, post-graduate taught course starting September 2018.
- Successfully complete any English Language requirements tests.
- Be domiciled outside the UK, European Union or Schengen Area
How to apply
To apply, complete the scholarship application form.
The maximum 500 word statement should cover the following points:
- Why you should be awarded the scholarship
- Your passion towards advocating for LGBTQ+ rights
- How you would make a positive contribution to DMU and the community in its efforts to become a safer space for their LGBTQ+ population during your studies.
- How a DMU education would benefit you in the future.
All application should be submitted by midnight on Friday 3 August 2018 for September 2018 study. Please ensure that you have received an offer of admission before applying for this scholarship.
Terms and conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions document before applying for this scholarship.
- This scholarship is only available to students domiciled outside the UK, European Union or Schengen Area.
- Applications must be made through the online scholarships web form by midnight of the published closing date. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- The student awarded the scholarship will be notified in writing. The award of this scholarship is at the discretion of the selection panel.
- An offer of admission must be received in order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is valid only for entry into the September 2018 intake – scholarships cannot be deferred by the applicant.
- The students receiving this scholarship will not be eligible for any additional scholarships or discounts. If a student is also eligible for another scholarship, he or she will only receive the higher value scholarship.
- The scholarship also includes an additional £1,015 stipend per month, which will be used towards accommodation and living costs.
- Applicants who have already completed a postgraduate taught course with DMU will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- Distance learning and part time students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot be transferred to another recipient.
- Only fully self-funded students are entitled to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the student defers entry, withdraws his or her application or does not enrol. If a student is found to be in breach of the student regulations the university is entitled to immediately suspend a scholarship.
- This scholarship is awarded at the discretion of the University.
- De Montfort University (DMU) reserves the right to review, review or withdraw the scholarship up to the point of enrolment if the applied for course is no longer run. The student will be informed in advance of this decision at the earliest opportunity.
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies, prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and the scholarship will be apportioned pro-rata, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Applicants must have no outstanding debt to the university prior to receiving the award.
- Any scholarship payment made by DMU in error or paid as a result of false information submitted by the student will be recovered repayable by the student.