Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities international scholarships, January 2018
The Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities are offering five individual scholarships for new international students of a tuition fee discount of £2,500 when enrolling on to Design Management and Entrepreneurship or Fashion Management and Marketing postgraduate taught (PGT) courses starting in January*.
The Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities international scholarship can also be awarded in conjunction with other DMU international scholarship packages, supporting new international students as they join DMU for the first time.
*Terms and conditions apply
About the faculty
In the Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities, we pride ourselves on continuously improving the learning environment for our students, bringing the latest ideas and techniques to our courses through cutting-edge research, and modern, innovative facilities. Students will be based in the award-wining Vijay Patel Building.
As a postgraduate student you will benefit from a high quality teaching experience as a result of being taught by academics who are actively undertaking research in their chosen fields. Our courses are also designed with employability in mind and ensure you are equipped with the skills and experience relevant to industry today. DMU has been awarded Gold in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). This is the highest ranking possible under the TEF.
To qualify for the Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities international scholarship you must:
- Be an international status student
- Be starting a full-time PGT course in January 2018, and make DMU your firm choice
- Be a new student to DMU, and not progressing from an undergraduate course at DMU
*Option module choice subject to change
- The Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities international scholarship award of £2,500 is available to new international students starting full-time in January 2018 on the Design Management and Entrepreneurship or Fashion Management and Marketing postgraduate taught (PGT) courses.
- To be eligible, a student must receive an offer to study on a full-time Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities postgraduate taught (PGT) course, starting in January 2018; and accept their offer as a firm choice.
- International scholarships and discounts are only available to students who are assessed by DMU as having overseas international student status and are not domiciled in the UK at the time of their application, and who pay overseas international rate tuition fees.
- Decisions made by the DMU International Office regarding eligibility for all discounts and scholarships are final.
- A limited number (five) of scholarships and discounts are available, and will be applied on a first‐come first served basis to applicants who pay a £3,000 tuition fee deposit to DMU. A deposit can be paid at any time after an applicant has been assigned an application reference number. Please visit the January 2018 scholarships and discounts page of the DMU website for updates regarding the availability of scholarships and discounts.
- Scholarships and discounts are only available to students studying on full‐time postgraduate courses starting in January 2018, and taught on site at the DMU Leicester Campus only. Please contact DMU if you are unsure.
- Awards will not be applied to students studying on part‐time and distance learning courses or in relation to courses with fees lower than the lowest standard international fee.
- International students progressing from a DMU undergraduate course or currently enrolled on to an incorporated Master’s (MDes) course are not eligible for the Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities international scholarship; but may be eligible to apply for DMU’s International Alumni Discount scheme.
- If an applicant meets all eligibility criteria stated in these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions for residence in a particular country and pays a £3,000 deposit whilst the discount is advertised on the scholarships and discounts pages of the DMU website, and is one of the first five successful applicants, DMU may award the discount to the applicant.
- Discounts will not be awarded to applicants who are not one of the first five successful applicants, who pay a deposit after the point that the website is updated with information stating that no further discounts are available. We strongly advise all applicants to check the international scholarships and discounts webpages carefully before making a deposit payment.
- Successful scholarships and discounts will be applied to tuition fees at the point of enrolment unless otherwise stated on the relevant pages of the DMU website. Scholarship recipients will be notified by email within three weeks of the scholarship application closing date unless otherwise stated or the five available scholarships have already been successfully applied for. Students awarded scholarships and discounts will have their awards applied automatically when they enrol.
- All current international scholarships and discounts are valid only for students entering the university in January 2018. Awards cannot be deferred by the applicant to a subsequent entry point.
- Students receiving the Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities scholarship of £2,500 may still be eligible for the DMU international scholarship and discount packages of up to £1,000; however, you will normally not be eligible for any other additional award, unless stated otherwise on the January 2018 scholarships and discounts webpages.
- The value of the scholarship or discount will be deducted from tuition fees for the first year of study only. The award will not be applied in subsequent years of study including repeated first year.
- Unless otherwise stated, no cash alternatives will be offered. Awards cannot be transferred to another recipient.
- Only self‐funded students are eligible for scholarships and discounts. Students in receipt of any type of sponsorship will not be eligible.
- DMU reserves the right to cancel any award which has been claimed fraudulently including on the basis of deliberate provision of false information to claim the award, and to apply the full tuition fee. If an award is found to have been claimed fraudulently, the award amount will be added to the student’s university account and must be paid in full before the end of the student’s course.
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and award will be pro‐rated, based on the student’s last date of attendance.
- Recipients of a scholarship or discount must have no outstanding debt to the university.
For all enquiries regarding international scholarships and discounts, please email email@example.com
Published December 2017