The deadline for the Love EU bundle has now closed for the September 2017 intake.
DMU welcomes students from more than 130 countries, who choose to study with us for many reasons: academic excellence; the rich student experience; links to industry and opportunities to volunteer both locally through #DMUlocal and around the world with #DMUglobal.
To help reassure EU students, DMU created the LoveEU Bundle* (subject to the following terms), which includes:
- A payment of £150 to EU students coming to DMU from outside of the UK to study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at DMU in September 2017.
- Tuition fees guaranteed to remain at UK home-rates for entry September 2017 and January 2018 for the length of the course of study.
- Entry into prize draws to win tickets for Leicester City Football Club and Leicester Tiger Rugby Club games – official partners of DMU.
- Silver Term academic year Membership of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre and Gym – standard terms and conditions for this membership apply.
*The following terms and conditions apply to the LoveEU Bundle:
- This offer is made on a “first-come, first served” basis as there are only 350 bundles available to be distributed. DMU reserves the right to refuse any applications from eligible students for this offer after this limit of 350 bundles has been reached.
- The final deadline for the return of details from students joining DMU wishing to take up the Love EU bundle in September 2017 will be Friday 19 January 2018.
- Students that are eligible to be considered for this offer must be EU students not resident in the UK and joining a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at DMU beginning September 2017 intake. A student will not be eligible where the student takes a break from the course and then returns to study or where a student leaves DMU altogether.
- Silver (term time) membership of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre:
This offer is for a Silver Membership valued as at date of application by student. There will be no cash or other alternative to the Silver Membership to the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre.
Eligible students will receive a voucher to redeem their membership of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre.
Students must comply with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre membership terms and conditions.
- The successful undergraduate and postgraduate taught student applicants will receive £150:
Students must still be enrolled at the point of payment.
Payments will be made via direct bank transfer to UK bank accounts only in the name of the beneficiary student.
Successful student applicants will be contacted in October 2017 after enrolment processes are complete with details of how to receive the payment. Please keep an eye on your DMU email address for details. During October 2017 students will be contacted via email and requested to provide their bank details.
The payment is valid for eligible students who have entry into the 2017 (September 2017 intake) academic session only – it cannot be deferred by the applicant to a subsequent academic year.
Please note that we may not be able to offer this in the future if the University’s circumstances change.
The type of circumstances which could mean we need to stop this funding may include without limitation: if events outside of our reasonable control happen; if our business operations change; if there is a change of control of the university; if the University’s financial situation changes; if its legal status changes; if we reach the limit of 350 bundles as the limit of this offer.
If this type of circumstance occurs so we are no longer going to provide this support we will let you know as soon as possible on the DMU website via this page.
We consider it unlikely that these circumstances could occur and mean we cease providing this support but please don’t make a decision to attend this course based on the availability of the fund.
Last updated January 2018.