Self- help resources are available to support students too.
- SilverCloud is an online self-help CBT package. To find out more please see contact details listed for IAPT on our main page.
- SilverCloud makes use of video clips, interactive quizzes, reflective exercises and audio mindfulness exercises.
- It can help with presenting issues such as depression, anxiety, OCD, phobias, social anxiety, stress and body image.
- Information is also available on self- esteem, sleep difficulties and relaxation techniques.
- You can work at your own pace, any time, any place anywhere using a smart phone or a web based intervention.
- You will be offered ongoing reviews from a well-being practitioner/IAPT worker.
- The programmes consist of CBT evidence based interventions and techniques which are recognised to have a positive impact on low mood and anxiety, including mindfulness.
- Motimate is a six week programme designed to help wellbeing in many ways, e.g. encourage students to be more active and have a structured activity to go to in order to improve mood, boost self-esteem and energy levels.
- Motimate provides students with opportunities to try something new, be around other people, increase motivation, have fun, lose weight etc.
- With support from instructors from the QEII Leisure Centre, the Motimate programmes can be flexible and customised to suit individual needs.
- For example, improve cardiovascular fitness, strength, stamina and flexibility. Activities can include a gym programme, any of the classes, the climbing wall and swimming.
- Students can attend the Leisure Centre as often as they like, free of charge, during the 6 week programme.
- We recommend attending at least 2-3 times a week to get the full benefits from the programme.
- Regular reviews can be requested, to talk through progress, highlight barriers, ask for support and adjust their programme etc.
How to access Motimate:
- To ensure that we direct you to the appropriate service you need to first book a Single Point of Access Appointment (SPA) where your needs will be assessed. SPA appointments can be booked via MyGateway which last about 30 minutes.
- You can also book SPA appointments in person at Student Gateway reception, which is located on the ground floor of Gateway House.
Self help guides
The mental health and wellbeing team have provided a set of leaflets designed to help students understand and work through various issues that may affect them. The guides can be accessed in leaflet or audio form. Click here to see the list of guides available.
Natural relaxation can alleviate stress that occurs when we feel more pressure than we can cope with. Work through this relaxation package to equip yourself with relaxation techniques.