Calling postgraduate students! Being a School Representative Co-ordinator (SRC) is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to enhance the student experience while gaining new leadership and professional skills.
As the voice of your fellow postgraduate taught students within your school or department for this academic year, you will ensure that students are at the heart of decision making at DMU.
We are looking for motivated students who have the following attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team leadership and team working skills
- A professional approach to work
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills
- The ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations
- The ability to enthuse people about DMU and De Montfort Students’ Union (DSU)
As well as representing the views of their fellow students, SRC’s also encourage communication between staff and students, through consultations and other information sharing avenues. Additionally, the role includes:
- Working with the DSU Deputy President, Education, to help to ensure students’ views are represented at the highest level at the university
Attending a university committee or task and finish group, or being a panel member of a periodic review or validation
- Leading or contributing to a faculty or university-wide student consultation project
If this sounds appealing, you can apply by logging into MyDMU and clicking on the SRC Application tab. The deadline is noon on Wednesday 24 October 2018.
If shortlisted, you will be invited to a selection event on Wednesday 31 October 2018 (time and location tbc).
Successful applicants will be required to attend a training event on Wednesday 7 November 2018 (time and location tbc).
Posted on Monday 1st October 2018