Be in with a chance of winning two FA Cup Final tickets.
To enter the competition, please reply on Twitter to this tweet issued on Tuesday 15 May from the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Dominic Shellard’s account (@dmuvc), using no more than 280 characters, by 5pm on Wednesday 16 May.
It’s the FA Cup Final on Saturday. The first one I watched was 1974, the best Spurs v Man City (‘81). Saddest was Spurs v QPR (‘82) ☹ Staff & students @dmuleicester - tweet me your favourite ever FA Cup Final by 5pm Wed – best tweet IMO receives 2 tickets for the final!
The sender of the best tweet, will be decided by the VC, and will receive two tickets for the FA Cup Final on Saturday 19 May. The winner must give assurances that they will attend the event in person with a guest of their choice. Terms and conditions apply (see below).
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open only to De Montfort University students and staff as at the time of the competition opening and who agree they can attend the 2018 FA Cup Final (at their own cost). Failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions will disqualify the respective entry from the competition.
2. All entries must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 16 May. Any tweet in response received after 5pm on Wednesday 16 May will not be considered.
3. De Montfort University reserves the right to reject any entries for any reason at its sole discretion.
4. The promoter will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
5. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the promoter’s liability under or in connection with the prize draw competition or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the value of the prize in question.
6. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the prize draw competition or any prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
In particular, the promoter does not accept any liability or responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
7. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
8. In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the promoter’s reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize draw competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
9. The promoter's decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner’s Twitter username will be posted on the @dmuvc and @dmuleicester accounts after the winner has been selected. By entering the competition, you are deemed to have consented to this post. The winner will need to collect the tickets from Heritage House, DMU Leicester at a time to be agreed on 17 or 18 May.
11. Copyright in all entries shall be owned by the promoter.
12. These terms and conditions and the competition prize draw are governed by English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. Promoter: De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH.
Posted on Tuesday 15th May 2018