School of Fashion and Textiles
The School of Fashion and Textiles at De Montfort University has a world class selection of design and technical courses from undergraduate to postgraduate level, many of which are unique in the UK.
We are acknowledged world leaders in intimate apparel and corsetry design, with over a 60 year history, and industry backing which gives our students the ability to work with and learn from some of the best designers in the business.
Our graduates now work for companies and designers including Burberry, Kurt Geiger, French Connection, Abercombie & Fitch, Speedo, Coco de Mer, Triumph International, Jack Wills, Next, Fleur of England, New Look, Gossard, Berlei Nike, Per Una, Giles, Danielle Scutt, Felder Felder and The Pentland Group.
Our award-winning students have recently secured prizes at the following industry awards and competitions:
- New Designer of the Year
- Triumph Inspiration Award (TIA)
- British Fashion Council Illustration Award
- Zandra Rhodes Textile Award and David Band Textile Award at Graduate Fashion Week
- The Clothes Show Live - Designer of the Year Award and British Textile Design Award
- Fashion Awareness Direct Competition
- ASBCI New Look National Design Competition
- British Fashion Council ‘Warehouse’ Design Competition
- MODA Footwear ‘History in the making’ Award
- The Worshipful Company of Cordwainers Catwalk Award
- The Worshipful Company of Pattenmakers Award
- The Worshipful Company of Framework Knitters Bursary Award
- The Worshipful Company of Glovers Design Competition
- Gola Footwear Design Competition
- Triumph Inspirational Awards
- John Foster of England Award Bradford Society of Textiles
Our research is breeding new ground in the fashion industry, with a dress made from nettle fibres featured on BBC’s The One Show and ways of using sustainable crops and eco-friendly materials pushing ‘green’ and ethical practices in fashion.
Listen to our students
School of Fashion and Textiles Video|
Find out why Austin Perry, Clara Mooring and Anam Tahir find studying in The School of Fashion and Textiles at DMU so rewarding.
Vice Chancellor's 2020 Scholarship for DMU alumni|